In the Webinar Social Influencers: Identifying and Measuring Their Impact in Marketing from the company Simply Measured I learned how brands can build a relationship with Social Influencers. Speakers were Jon Dick from Klout and influencer Jess Estrada.
These are the seven steps. Important steps for all marketers, communication and PR professionals!
1. Make a Plan > learn everything you can about the influencer you want to win over
2. Engage with the influencer > Retweet them or start a meaningful conversation
3. Be personal > treat them like people
4. Personalize > Use their names if they like that, personalize all communication
5. Relevant > be sure you/your brand/your campaign fits the passion and subject of the influencer
6. White glove > make sure you treat them really good
7. Show value > It’s a relationship, so it’s a two-way street
Create an experience around the brand, be specific and clear and have goals. Last but not least: MEASURE!
These are some of the slides from the webinar: